Saturday, February 7, 2015

Bynes Redefined?

 
 

Amanda Bynes

If you look deep into the lives of those celebrities who have gone haywire, you'll find that many of them were lacking the foundation of a stable family. Before we start talking about little miss Amanda, let's talk about some research that's been done reguarding parental absenses, and how that effects the child.

1.)According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 24 million children in America -- one out of every three -- live in biological father-absent homes. Nine in ten American parents agree this is a “crisis."

2.)Being raised by a single mother raises the risk of teen pregnancy, marrying with less than a high school degree, and forming a marriage where both partners have less than a high school degree.

3.)Even after controlling for community context, there is significantly more drug use among children who do not live with their mother and father.

3.)In a study examining father involvement with 134 children of adolescent mothers over the first 10 years of life, researchers found that father-child contact was associated with better socio-emotional and academic functioning. The results indicated that children with more involved fathers experienced fewer behavioral problems and scored higher on reading achievement. This study showed the significance of the role of fathers in the lives of at-risk children, even in case of nonresident fathers.

4.)Children born to single mothers show higher levels of aggressive behavior than children born to married mothers. Living in a single-mother household is equivalent to experiencing 5.25 partnership transitions.

5.)In addition, some researchers have found that children are more likely to suffer more emotional, behavioral, and intellectual problems.


Well, sadly, Amanda Bynes is one of those kids who might've been lacking a certain "model" in her life.

Nickelodeon actress, Amanda Bynes was born in 1986 with her mother as a dentist assistant, and a dad as a dentist/stand-up comedian. She has one brother and one sister, both older than her. Her father was of Irish descent while her mother came from a Jewish family.
Amanda as a little girl

She starred in "All That" in 1994, which gained her an excessive amount of popularity. Only five years later she was given her own TV show called "The Amanda Show." A 12 year-old with her own show...you see where this is going.

She then won a Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award at age 15, making it clear to all that she was very loved, and that she was the talk of TV at the time.
Amanda starring in her own TV show called "The Amanda Show"

A couple years later she found herself playing a lead part in "Big Fat Liar." Her comedic personality and her love for acting attracted a lot of attention from movie producers. This allowed for her to star in several other movies such as "What I Like About You," "Figure it Out, "She's the Man," "What a Girl Wants," and more.

It seemed like Amanda had it all together. She was a funny actress, she was adored by all, and her relationship with her parents was strong...at least we thought.

 Just recently, Amanda was recorded while chatting it up with her roommate. This is what was recorded: "If your father was my father… then you would understand why you'd want to slit his wrists, and quote frankly… I don't want to shoot my father in the face, and that's why I said I want to like strip for him as a joke. I want to literally like lead him into a ditch and … I haven't decided how I'd want to murder him because now I have this like, war wound on my face and I don't believe in murder. Um, ‘cause I know that that is like unfortunate, but it's not because it's like ‘my father' ‘cause i look at him as like a murderer person, he like… is the worst person and he tries to match me and be like, and it's like nothing would give me greater pleasure than like slitting his throat. That's what I would love. So like, I'm not gonna ever do such a thing, but like I call my mom and I threaten to kill her and I threaten to slit her wrist, and I threaten to like burn down her house and I said a bunch of sh*t that quite frankly I've never felt better in a long time. Like I didn't think one unnatural thought until like, I gotta just keep up, like, I'm gonna continue telling you guys I'm gonna murder my family, like ‘cause that's the thing. They're in control of my money and that's why I don't have much money right now. Like I don't mean to brag to you guys. I'm no bragger, I don't like braggers."

So, what do we not know? Why would Amanda want to slit her father's wrists, torturing him in the most violent way possible? What does the press not know? What do we not know? Well,  I guess you have to keep reading if you want to find out. Quite frankly, I'd like to put you through a little suspense while you're waiting for the answers to your questions. So, lets skip back to 2010, when Amanda announced that she was ending her acting career, saying on twitter that it "isn't as fun as it may seem." With her career now behind her, Amanda started going to night clubs and acting wild.




"Wild." What does that word even mean? Well according to Webster dictionary, it means "not subject to restraint or regulation." Bynes seemed to suddenly have a deep desire to rebel, as if needing to prove to that she could not be regulated. So who exactly is this person that she's trying to prove this to? Her dad? Hm. Possibly.


So why does Amanda suddenly care about what her father looks like? On June 2nd, 2013, she lashed out on twitter saying ""My dad is as ugly as RuPaul! So thankful I look nothing like you both! I had nose surgery after my mug shots so my nose and I are gorgeous!" Wait, calm down Amanda. What exactly is going on between you and your father? Fans of Bynes knew that something was wrong with that relationship, whether it had happened recently, or in the past. I mean, we all know that daughters can get all moody on their over-protective dads, but to insult him on social media? Wow.

Wait, but three years ago in 2007 she was saying on live television that "My parents actually were very strict, in a good way though." I was never allowed to go to the mall alone or with friends. But as you can see that's where I got my love of comedy – from my funny dad." So just a few years previous she was complimenting her father?

Ok, so here's what's up. Apparantly, Amanda Bynes was abused by her father when she was still living at home."My dad was verbally and physically abuse to me as a child," she tweeted. "He called me ugly as a child and then asked me if I wanted to have sex with him and I did not know how to respond and I said no and then I was forced to live with my dad which was a total nightmare. My dad fondled himself in front of me so many times that I started recording him on my phone in hopes of catching him saying or doing something inappropriate around me so I could get him arrested and put in jail for the rest of his perverted life," she continued. "My mom knows that my father's literally and physically incestual towards his own daughter and the fact that she never called the police on him embarrasses me to no end. So, today I am meeting with a lawyer to get a restraining order against my dad."

 
Everybody always had wondered why Amanda decided to be a rebel. It just didn't add up. Her family life seemed to be all in order. she was a funny actress on a kid's channel, she was adored by everyone, and her movies were the furthest thing away from raunchy. I guess we can conclude that she lacked a father-figure growing up. Just like all the research points out, most kids who do not have a father to look up to, tend to live "on-edge."

The big question is whether or not these claims are true. But even if they weren't, something must have given Bynes the motivation for making such harsh statements. She wouldn't just make her dad look abusive if she loved him. So he must have done something, right? I guess we'll never know for sure, but all we know is that once again, an innocent celebrity who could've had a fantastic and fun career, lost it all- morally and mentally.


"Maddie, you've told me how she lacked a father-figure when she was a child, and that she's living rebelliously...you've even shown me pictures.... but how? What exactly has she done? Has she even done anything bad, or are you just making some random claims?"

Nope. I'm not lying to you, reader...promise. But you have a good point. I guess I owe you some facts now.

In 2012, Amanda was arrested for driving under the influence, charged for a hit-and-run, smoking marijuana, driving with an expired license, getting kicked out of a gym for wearing lingerie, locking herself in the bathroom of a cupcake shop for 10 days, calling multiple celebrities (including the president and the first lady) ugly, and arrested for throwing glass items out of her apartment window. She also wanted to "get away" from her parents as soon as possible, shortening the important family aspect that every teenage girl needs. Okay, so maybe these "crimes" of hers weren't as bad as other's, but for starting out as a Nickelodeon actress, and never having her name in the "lights," it's pretty shocking to see.




Just like Voltaire says, "Is there anyone so wise as to learn by the experience of others?"

This is exactly what we, as Christians especially, have to do. We should not only learn from our own mistakes, but also the mistakes of others. We can be warned against getting all wrapped up in this world, and taking people, (such as family) for granted. Hopefully you've noticed by now that when we as humans set our minds of earthly things, we will be corrupted. That's why we need to keep our eyes fixed above.


 Psalm 16:8- "I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
  With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken."
      
Ephesians 4: 31-32- "Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you."  
                     
Philippians 3:18-19- "For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things."


Well, that's all for today. Thanks for reading:)

Love your blogger,
Maddie Cortese<3


sources: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amanda-bynes-retracts-accusations-that-her-dad-sexually-abused-her-20141010#ixzz3R7EQzPIz http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/amanda-bynes-retracts-accusations-that-her-dad-sexually-abused-her-20141010
http://www.reengageinc.org/research/meta-dc-4332%201.pdfhttp://www.fatherhood.org/father-absence-statistics

1 comment:

  1. Once again, this was a well written blog with plenty of information. I noticed that you have added much more Bible verses which is nice. This post was a bit longer than usual, but that's all right. Perhaps make it a bit shorter to keep the reader engaged, but otherwise, just as always it was great. P.S. sorry about the late comment

    ReplyDelete