Friday, March 13, 2015

Demi Lovato's 360

Demi Lovato


Early Life

Demetria Devonne Lovato was born in 1992 in New Mexico. Her mother was a retired country singer and cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys. She has one older sister and one younger sister.

I guess you could say that her fame began when she became an actress on Barney and Friends. She must've been an amazing actress to be able to gain attention from that show. She then continued to star in tv shows such as Just Jordan and Prison Break.

Now here comes the company that ruins many young actors/actresses: Disney. In 2007, Demi started working with Disney, and was casted as the starring role in Camp Rock. During this movie, she began to realize her love for singing. Soon she was recording songs with the Jonas Brothers, but only for the sake of the movie. She had not yet grasped the music career that was ahead of her. Eventually Demi filmed her second movie called Princess Protection Program , along with her best friend, Selena Gomez. Then came the main source of Lovato's growing popularity-the show Sonny with a Chance.

Music Career Starts

In 2008, Lovato released her first album. After finding it to be a success, she released her second album just a year later.  That same year, Demi went on tour with the Jonas Brothers, but plans didn't go as expected. While backstage, this young 16 year old girl got in a fight with one of the dancers who supposedly tattled on her. After this occurrence, Demi sought out help.
The End

Sooo....That's It?

Alright, so wow. I just summed up her life from age zero to sixteen (not 100) real quick. I know you're wondering why exactly I included her in the category of a "celebrity gone bad." So here's the thing...sometimes patience is a virtue, and in this case, well I'm not gonna' test that virtue. Here's the 411- Demi Lovato was hiding her fault and addictions from everyone. And when I say everyone, I mean it. The people she was living with didn't even know.

Apparently she was addicted to cocaine when she was just 19. Don't believe me? Here's what the celebrity said:

"I couldn't go 30 minutes to an hour without cocaine and I would bring it on airplanes," she said. "I would smuggle it basically and just wait until everyone in first class would go to sleep and I would do it right there. I'd sneak to the bathroom and I'd do it. ... And that was even with somebody (with me), I had a sober companion, somebody who was watching me 24/7 and living with me (and) I was able to hide it from them as well."

Not only was she turning to drugs, but to having eating disorders at age 8 and 9.

"I started overeating, compulsively overeating," she said. "I went from doing that to being unhappy with my body. I went to just completely starving myself and that turned into throwing up and starving myself and it was just this crazy battle going on inside of me." Eventually she realized she had to stop or die.

And probably the most commonly known problem that Demi had was cutting. She couldn't handle the pain and loneliness. She didn't know what to do. She was lost and confused.

 

 The Happy Ending

Yeah yeah, you guessed it. There is in fact a happy ending to all of this. Demi Lovato got help for her bulimia, cutting, anger issues, and drug/alcohol addiction. She ended up sharing with the whole world about her experiences, in hopes to inspire and convict teens all around the world with similar problems.

She is now a judge on the X Factor, and speaks at anti-bullying conferences. She is a young, brave, and confident woman now, who has gotten her act together and has a bright future ahead of her. She is the living example that anyone, no what their problems are, can take a dark, hopeless life and turn it into something BEAUTIFUL.

That's about it for today. Thanks for reading my blog!:)

~Maddie Cortese

Isaiah 40:31

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

1 comment:

  1. Hey just as always you blog is amazing. I like how you show examples of people that managed to turn their lives back around like demi lovato did. It's frightening what sort of things can actually go on with other people. Like the bible verse, keep the the work!

    ReplyDelete